Sunday, September 16, 2012

Organizing School Lunches & Treats

IT'S SCHOOL TIME!! At times it is so frustrating to find healthy snacks that our kids will love and actually want to eat! Or when you do find one then they fight about who got more. Or...with my kids they eat only the chocolate M&M's and put everything back. LOL! I decided to be a little more organized and try to avoid these conflicts.
I buy these 1 lb boxes of chocolate and nut mixes or banana chips. There are a ton of different things to choose from depending on what your kids will eat. I buy them at Smith's for about $3.50.
I get out my 1/2 cup measuring cup and start pouring them into sandwhich bags that zip. That way no one can complain the other has more and you can also know how much of something they are eating AND most importantly in my home... they can't just eat the M&M's out of the entire box!! ;)
When they are all measured out and put in their ziplock bag then they go in a bigger ziplock bag to store. Ta da!! :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment