Saturday, December 17, 2011

Crustless Bacon and Cheese Quiche


Sorry everyone, this has been a long time coming blog that I just keep putting off. Here we go!

Every Christmas that I can I try to make quiche for Christmas breakfast! YUM! I have found my favorite one and have used it many times. I also love crustless quiche. It just makes it that more moist and yummy!

Crustless Bacon and Cheese Quiche

Ingredients:

5 green onions, chooped, divided
1 tomato, chopped, divided
12 slices bacon
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
12 eggs
1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Reserve 2 tablespoons each onions and tomatoes. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Chop bacon. Add to skillet with onions and tomatoes; mix well.
3. Beat eggs and sour cream until well blended. Our into greased 13x9-inch baking dish, top with bacon mixture and cheeses.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle with reserved onions and tomatoes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.


I also like to add broccoli to this dish just to spruce it up and add a healthy kick to it. I also subsituted white sweet onions for the green onions and it turned out delish! I hope you enjoy and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment